B: Trekking from Ganden to Samye(10days)
Day 1 Fly to Lhasa and Acclimatization. Hotel
Fly from Beijing to Lhasa by SZ4112(0950-1520). Arrival at Gongkar airport, then about two hours drive to arrive at Lhasa, which is situated at an elevation of 3650 meters.
Day 2 Lhasa. Sightseeing. Hotel
Morning visit to Potala Palace, one of the miracles in the world. This huge structure used to be the winter palace for successive Dalai Lamas. Afternoon visit to Johkang Temple, the most sacred and oldest temple in Tibet. The walk around it is called Barkhor for all pilgrims, it is also a famous bazaar for Tibetan handicrafts and antiques. You may exploring the same alleys in the old city of Lhasa or get prepared for hiking.
Day 3 Lhasa. Sightseeing. Hotel
Morning visit to Drepung Monastery, the biggest and one of the most important monastery in Tibet, which is beautifully palace on a mountain slope outside Lhasa. Afternoon visit to Sera Monastery, where we can watch the Monks Debating which is one of the Tibetan Buddhist activities in the Monastery. And then visit to Norbulingka, the Summer Placace of Dalai Lamas.
Day 4 Lhasa to Ganden Monastery (52km away from Lhasa). Camping
An hour¡¯s drive out of Lhasa will take us to Ganden Monastery (3800m/12467ft), which was founded by Je Tsongkapa, the founder of the Gelupa (Yellow Sect) sect. Visit the monastery and after lunch, drive another hour to start our 3-hour hike.
Day 5 Hiking to Naggo Village. Camping
Today¡¯s hiking is about 7 hours. We will set up camp at Naggo Village.
Day 6 Hiking to Aemalug. Camping
Today¡¯s hiking is about 7 hours. We will set up camp at Aemalug. Aemalug is a wellknown pilgrimage site for Buddhists of the Nyingmapa sect. Guru Rimpoche, the founder of this sect of thought, and his main disciple, Vairocana (the Tibetans call him "Berutsana"), are said to have meditated here twelve centuries ago, This site is particularly important because Guru Rimpoche also concealed religious texts here, known as "terma" (hidden treasure), which were discovered hundreds of years later. A new but rather sparse Lhakhang has been built over the cave used by Guru Rimpoche, though the small nunnery nearby still lies in ruins. Above the cave is the retreat of Vairocan, and scattered around the cliffs are some other caves used by various Lamas in Tibetan Buddhist history.
Day 7 Aemalug to Samye by small tractor. Guesthouse
It takes about 2 hours to take a tractor from Aemalug to Samye Monastery, our final destination.
Day 8 Samye Monastery. Guesthouse
Visit Samye Monastery and surrounding area. Stay in guesthouse.
Day 9 Samye to Tsetang. Hotel
Visit Yongbulakhang and Changchu Monastery. Stay in Tsetang Hotel.
Day 10 Tsetang to airport, fly to Beijing. Hotel
Today is the end of our tour and we will depart for Gongkar airport to catch the flight to Beijing.
Quote: (RMB/p.p. or USD/p.p.)
Over 10 persons: RMB.00/p.p. or USD.00/p.p.
8-9persons: RMB.00/p.p. or USD.00/p.p.
6-7persons: RMB.00/p.p. or USD.00/p.p.
4-5persons: RMB.00/p.p. or USD.00/p.p.
2-3persons: RMB.00/p.p. or USD.00/p.p.
(Single Room Supplement is RMB.00/p.p. or USD.00/p.p.)
1. Accommodation for 9 nights based on double occupancy.
2. All meals (three meals per day when you eat with the group; most meals are Chinese style. Meals are available for vegetarians).
3. Transportation in Tibet except hiking areas.
4. Guided hiking.
5. Entry fees for sightseeing places listed.
6. Beijing/Lhasa/Beijing airfare.
7. Tour insurance.
1. Flight between your city to Beijing.
2. Airport taxes (RMB50.00/p.p. for domestic flight; RMB90.00/p.p. for international flight depart China.
3. Drinks & personal expenses.
1. Group departs on any day from Beijing if there are enough persons on the same tour. Bookings need one week in advance together with full payment and guest¡¯s passport details (name, sex, date of birth, nationality, profession, passport number and Chinese visa valid date).
2. Group will be met at Lhasa airport with sign of ¡°TTO-BEIJING¡±.
3. Tibet Travel Permit will be issued by our office in Beijing directly.
4.Owing to local natural conditions, we may save the right to change the itinerary accordingly.